A smile is worth a million. But anything affecting your smile can affect you. Dental implants are a wonderful and permanent solution if you are experiencing loss in your teeth. Dentists can diagnose oral diseases, trauma cases, treatment plans, and surgical processes. Implantologists are the experts who can help restore or replace teeth in case of injury or infection. First, let us learn about implantologist and how they differ from dentists. Then, you can book an online doctor consultation with an implantologist in Mumbai.
What is an Implantologist?
An implantologist has sub specialise in restoration and replacement related to dental care. Restoration involves bringing your decaying teeth back to their replacement state. Replacement involves replacing your old, damaged teeth if your teeth are beyond repair.
Tooth decay causes damage to the tooth’s surface or enamel and can be a cause of tooth loss. This could be caused due to bacteria in your mouth that produces acids that attack the enamel. Tooth decay leads to cavities, which can lead to infection, pain, and even tooth loss when not treated on time. Furthermore, gum disease or physical trauma is also responsible for tooth loss.
Your implantologist will use dental implants to replace your teeth. First, they will surgically implant the metal implant in the jawbone. Next, the gum tissue secures the implant. This solves a lot of problems associated with rotten teeth.
Implantologist in Mumbai offer less complicated procedures, such as crowns, custom bridges, and dentures, for their patients. Furthermore, you can go for online doctor consultations if you have any doubts.
How to Become a Certified Implantologist?
- To become an implantologist, first, you need to have a degree in dentistry. Then, after completing the dentistry course, you can sub specialise in implantology.
- Typically for this, you have to apply to an implantologist course.
- A course in implantology offers learning and expertise in the science and technique of implantology.
- This is achieved from academics through restorative treatment preparation in clinical practice, direct management of patient needs and removable implant-retained prostheses.
- These courses train an individual to meet several requirements. By the end of your training, implantologist have to complete 300 hours of education in implant dentistry. However, this will differ for different places and the gist will remain the same.
- Further, they will need to have experience performing surgical procedures involving dental implants. They will undergo residency programs and internships to get this experience.
- On gaining experience, an implantologist will learn at least three different dental implant cases. These opportunities give them the expertise to perform different operations.
- Then, you can book an online doctor consultation with an implantologist in Mumbai.
Why Get Dental Implants from an Implantologist in Mumbai?
If you’re searching for a long-term fix, dental implants can be a brilliant option. They have the added advantage of never having to be repaired or replaced. Further, they also improve your appearance and make it easier to chew and speak. But if you’re still confused if you should get dental implants, here are some reasons you can get them:
- Dentures and removable dental bridges need adhesive to keep them in place, whereas dental implants don’t require them.
- They avoid the bone loss that can occur after a tooth’s loss or removal.
- Dental implants don’t get affected by cavities.
- They come in various shapes and colours to match your natural teeth.
- The procedure is usually painless. In addition, you can typically manage any small discomfort you may feel after the procedure with an over-the-counter, anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen.
- Your healthy teeth will not be affected by this procedure.
Consult an implantologist in Mumbai if you are interested in getting dental implants.
How does an Implantologist Differ from a Dentist?
- A dentist helps in maintaining overall oral health. Their responsibilities include diagnosing oral diseases, trauma cases, treatment plans, and surgical processes.
- In addition, they advise you on practices to maintain oral hygiene and avoid gum diseases.
- A prominent difference between an implantologist and a dentist is that an implantologist has specialised in this field and has more knowledge and experience.
- For example, when you are suffering from a disease, you will go to someone specialised in that field. Similarly, an implantologist specialised in implants.
- But on the other hand, a dentist is knowledgeable in all aspects of oral health, and you may visit initially to get a diagnosis for your condition before seeking a specialist.
- There may be an overlap in the work that an implantologist in Mumbai and a dentist do. For instance, both dentists can perform light maintenance work on your teeth. This includes polishing teeth, cleaning, and eliminating rotted roots.
Now you studied the basic difference between an implantologist and a dentist. You can visit them according to your requirements and symptoms. However, if you need to replace or restore your tooth, an implantologist is your best option. Therefore, you can book an online doctor consultation with an implantologist in Mumbai using Bajaj Finserv Health.