When the eyes are often affected by phones, computers, televisions, dust, … will lead to premature aging of the eyes, even some eye-related diseases. Willtiptop will tell you some eye care tips at home to help your eyes stay healthy!
1. Limit too much blue light exposure
Increasingly modern technology brings many benefits to people, but the blue light emitted from devices such as phones, televisions, computers, … makes eyes blurry, even causes cataracts subject to prolonged exposure.
Some people have a habit of using the phone before going to bed, causing eye strain and eye pain because the eyes have to adjust to the brightness and darkness around, making the quality of sleep also decrease. So you should limit the use of phones, televisions, computers when not really necessary, giving your eyes time to rest.
2. Protect your eyes from the sun
Harmful radiation such as UV rays from sunlight cause your eyes to age faster with direct exposure. To overcome this, you should wear a wide-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses, and limit going out in the hot sun from 10 am to 3 pm.
3. Limit exposure to dusty environments
Tobacco smoke, industrial emissions, smoke from vehicles, … will also affect eye health. Oxidizing substances in the smoke will change the structure of the lens. Not only that, they also pass through the retina, causing cells in the eye to gradually weaken.
You should regularly clean your eyes with physiological saline!
4. Have a reasonable lifestyle
Eyes need to rest after a long day of activities, if you don’t get enough sleep, your eyes will be overloaded. First, the eyes will appear dark circles that cause loss of aesthetics, long-term weakness and premature aging. So, allocate a reasonable activity time, get enough sleep for healthy eyes.
5. Skin care eye area
Use eye care products:
You should prioritize taking care of the eye area! Regular eye care will help maintain moisture in the skin around the eyes, helping to limit wrinkles for healthy eyes.
Massage the eyes by hand or with an eye massager:
You can use your hands to massage your eyes. But more convenient, you can ask for a dedicated eye massager! Using a massage machine helps promote blood circulation to the eye area, bringing nutrients from eye care products to deeper penetration, while helping to relax eye muscles, reduce fatigue, and help eyes full of vitality. !
Apply an eye mask:
You can make your own natural face mask with easy-to-find ingredients such as cucumber, potato, …
- Cut cucumber or potato into thin slices.
- Apply to the skin around the eyes for 30 minutes before going to bed.
With this method, it will help the skin become smoother and fade the dark spots caused by staying up late.
Some other tips:
- Do not read books too close (adult is about 35-40 cm, small child is from 25-30 cm)
- Do not read books, watch mobile phones on moving vehicles (buses, motorbikes, …)
- Applying the 20-20-20 rule, for every 20 minutes you work on your phone or computer, take 20 seconds to focus on an object at a distance of 20 feet (6.8 meters).
6. Eat sensibly and add foods that are good for your eyes
If you do not eat enough vegetables, tubers, and fruits, your eyes will not be provided with the necessary nutrients, causing the eyes to quickly age and weaken. In addition, the body needs 2 liters of water per day to avoid dry eyes, swollen eyelids, red eyes.
Read more: Top 10 best plant-based protein foods
Not only focusing on eye health from the outside but also need to improve from the inside by eating a full and balanced diet of nutrients, vitamins A, B, E with the following foods:
- The vegetables are green helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration in the elderly, reducing the state of cataracts.
- The fish contains omega – 3 , such as salmon, halibut, herring, .. help reduce degeneration, aging, eye diseases in the elderly.
- Fruits containing vitamin C such as oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, lemons, tomatoes, … reduce the risk of cataracts and help keep eyes healthy.
- Foods containing zinc (nuts).
- Foods containing beta-carotene such as carrots, watermelon, pumpkin, papaya, … help enhance night vision, better vision, limit cataracts.
7. Routine eye exams
In addition to eating a balanced diet, taking care of your eye health, you also need to go to a reputable eye hospital for examination, to help you prevent eye diseases early.