Modern society makes people less and less time concerned about health. When the body stagnates, the overweight increases and the spirit is tired, the gyms for men are getting more and more interested.
These men’s home gym workouts focus on full upper body development including: shoulders, chest, arms, back and abdomen.
Push-ups, also known as push-ups, is one of the simplest and most popular home bodybuilding exercises. This move not only helps the muscles in the upper body but also combines the muscle groups all over the body for optimal muscle growth. This is also a promise to help you practice shoulder muscles with higher difficulty.
2. Dumbbell Bench Press
Not only is this popular for men’s gym exercise, but it’s also routinely done in the gym. However, at the gym, you can use bar dumbbells instead of dumbbells. With this exercise, the pectoral muscles, the shoulder muscles, and the posterior muscles join in the action.
- Prepare a straight bench. 2 handles 2 dumbbells with weight just right placed on the thigh. Note that you should keep the palms facing each other.
- Use your thighs to lift the dumbbells up until you reach your chest. Now the arms and biceps form together at a 90-degree angle. With your arms straight, turn your wrists slightly forward. In this position, you should inhale.
- Slowly exhale and push the dumbbells up with your chest. When climbing, hold the weight for 1 second.
- Lower the dumbbells down to the starting position while inhaling.
3. Pull the bar
Bar pulling is considered a popular and effective home gym for men. When pulling the bar, the arm and chest muscles are maximized. For men, pulling the bar is an effective exercise to develop the buckets, muscular chest muscles.
4. Dumbbell Standing Shoulder Press
These exercise shoulder muscles are the main muscle groups involved in the activity, in addition to the back muscles involved in supporting the exercise.
- Start in an upright position, 2 feet shoulder-width apart, 2 hands holding dumbbells so that the weights are shoulder-level with a weight that is suitable for you. Note that the elbows are facing down and perpendicular to the floor.
- Exhale and push the dumbbells straight up over your head until your arms are straight.
- Inhale and lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position
5. Dumbbell Bent Over Row
This is one of the most popular home gyms for men. This exercise works on the mid-back muscles, the plexus muscles, and the forearm muscles.
- 2 hands holding dumbbells, palms holding dumbbells facing each other. Bend over and push your hips back slightly. Note that keeping your back straight. Eyes straight ahead. The arm holding the dumbbell is perpendicular to the ground. In this preparation position, you inhale deeply through your nose.
- Slowly exhale and pull the dumbbells as close to your chest as possible. Now you tighten the muscles and hold for 1 second.
- Inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells down to the starting position
6. Bench Dips
This exercise is isolated for the triceps and biceps. It’s not too difficult to do this and you only need 2 chairs with a moderate height.
- You prepare 2 chairs. One for you to support your arms and the other for your footrest.
- Adjust the distance between the 2 seats to fit the length of the body. Then you put your hands on the chair. The seat-to-back distance is also just right for the best possible performance.
- 2 feet on the chair to keep your back straight. Do not put 2 chairs too close together. This is the starting position.
- Slowly take a deep breath, then use the back arm muscles to lower the hips slowly until the arms and forearms are perpendicular to each other. You hold for 1-2 seconds. Continue to tighten your triceps to lift your body back into the starting position. At the same time, you exhale through your mouth.
- Note that you should not go too deep, causing injury to the shoulder.
7. Dumbbell Bicep Curl
This men’s home gym exercise has a direct effect on the effective fore-arm muscles.
- Prepare in an upright position, keeping your torso upright. 2 hands hold 2 dumbbells down the body, but not too straight. The palm of the hand turns to the inside of the body. 2 legs hip-width apart. Note that you should not hold hands, relax and be comfortable.
- You take a deep breath. Next, tighten the shoulder muscles, the forearm muscles, and use the legs as pillars. Put strength into the forearm muscles, then gradually roll the dumbbells up, turning your wrists back and palms up.
- When you see your forearms and arms together at a 90-degree angle, your forearm muscles are stimulated the most. If you lift more weight, it will put on the elbow and decrease its effect. At this point, slowly exhale and flex your front arm muscles to slowly lower the dumbbells. Note when lowering down more slowly when rolling up.
- Weighing to the original position, you proceed to rotate the palm towards the body. Should not be down to the level of absolute straight hands.
8. Prisoner Squat – Aids in building muscles of the lower body
Prisoner Squat is another variation of the regular squat exercise. Doing this will stimulate groups of glutes and leg muscles to develop.
This is a beginner home gym workout for men. When doing this, put your hands behind the back of your neck. At that time, it stimulates the expansion and develops better chest muscles.
Besides the Squat, the lunge is considered a “god” home gym for men. Lunge works to help you have a ton of legs and health. In addition, the lounge also helps to maintain better balance, more flexible thigh muscles, and enlarged hip muscles.
10. Lying Glute Bridge
If you are looking for a home workout for men, glute bridge is an option not to be missed. If you practice glute bridge every day it will help “wake up” the glutes, reduce belly fat. From there maintain the flexibility of the hip area. For men, this is also one of the exercises to stimulate their “love” time more.
11. Jump Squat
Jump Squat is one of the best cardio exercises to help you lose weight and tone your buttocks and thighs. Therefore, if you want to improve your thighs and legs, don’t forget this home gym workout.
Start in an upright position, feet shoulder-width apart
Slowly bend your knees and lower your body into a squatting position. Note that the knee should not be over the toes.
– Put strength in your legs and jump as high as you can. 2 instead of pushing straight upwards.
Return to the squatting position and continue with the movement.
12. Lunge Jump
Lunge Jump is a fairly new movement for many. This move is a combination of a lunge and jump. This action helps you to burn fat effectively. However, if you are new to this, you will find this male homework will “tire out” of your legs.
- Start in an upright position. The right foot steps forward. Slowly lower the center of gravity of the body so that the right thigh is parallel to the floor and the left thigh is perpendicular to the floor. Note that the knees do not touch the floor. Two hands placed near him keep his neck and back straight, eyes forward.
- In the lunge position, keep your neck and back in place, slowly get up and bounce back as high as you can.
- Return to starting position and switch legs
13. Glute Bridge lifts legs
This one leg lift glute bridge helps to strengthen the glutes and hip muscles. From there, it helps control activities both hip and thigh more flexibly.
Guide to gym exercises at home for male glute bridge 1 leg lift
- Lie on your back on the floor, hands parallel to the body. Bend the pillow, the soles of your feet on the floor.
- Raise your left leg straight up. Then slowly raise the hip area, applying pressure to the hip area. Note that your legs, hips, and abdomen form a straight line.
- Slowly lower your hips down, but don’t touch the floor. Continue to lift your hips up.
- You should combine breathing. Up and out through the mouth, down and inhale deeply through the nose to get the best results.
14. Bulgarian Split Squat
This men’s home gym workout for men helps to boost your balance. In particular, different postures will have different effects on muscle groups. The closer you keep your legs to the pillars, the more impact you will have on the front thigh muscles. Conversely, if you keep it away, you will focus more on glutes.
1 leg squat with dumbbells
- Set up in an upright position, a moderate height training chair (neither too low nor too high) is placed behind. 2 hands holding dumbbells. The palm of the hand is facing inward.
- Slowly place 1 foot on the rear seat, the other leg as a pillar. The height of your chair should be chosen so that when you put your feet on your lower legs parallel to the floor.
- Slowly put your legs into the post until the legs and thighs are at right angles to each other. At this time, the knees and legs placed on the chair are also lowered close to the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat. Then perform the side switch.
15. Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise – Homework for men to help develop hind leg muscles
For male brothers, having healthy legs with big and firm calves is the wish of many people.
- For this exercise, you need to prepare a board about 5-10cm high.
- 2 handle weights with the right weight. Stand half of your feet stripped onto the board, heels touching the floor. In this starting position, you should inhale.
- Begin to exhale, squeeze your calves, then slowly raise your heels higher.
- Inhale and then slowly lower your heels.
16. Dumbbell Step Ups
With this men’s home gym exercise, you only need a chair and a pair of hand weights to start exercising. This move works on the anterior thigh muscle and related muscles such as the glutes, hind thigh muscles, and calf muscles.
- 2 hands holding dumbbells upright in front of the chair. In this preparatory position, you should take a deep breath.
- Step right foot on the chair while breathing out
- After stepping your right foot on the chair, lift your left leg onto the chair.
- Step left foot down first then right foot back. When stepping down, combine to inhale.
The core is the main, core part of the body. The core consists of the abdomen, hips, and lowers back. These parts connect the muscle groups in the upper part of the body with the lower part of the body. These exercises help strengthen the whole body. For a beautiful and well-proportioned body, in addition to training for each muscle group, you should not skip this core exercise.
17. Crunch – Helps develop abdominal muscles
If you want to build a six pack then don’t skip this abs exercise.
- Start on your back with your knees bent 90 degrees.
- Hands knit together and put behind the head.
- Slowly squeeze your stomach, pushing your back, shoulders, and head as high as you can so that your elbows are close to your knees.
- Lower yourself slowly.
One of the most effective exercises to lose belly fat is plank
Plank exercises help tone the abdominal muscles, reduce fat while increasing flexibility and balance of the body. The plank exercise is quite simple. Just lie on your stomach with your elbows at a right angle to the floor. Then you raise your toes and lift your body up. As you lift your body, try to squeeze your abdominal muscles, keeping your hips, back, and head in line.
Side Plank – A variation of the plank
The side plank is a variation of the traditional plank and is often not easy for beginners to practice.
When doing side planks is similar to doing planks except that you keep leaning position and use one hand as support.
19. Vertical Leg Crunch
Want 6 pack abs, do not skip this exercise
- Lie on your back on the floor, hands at ear level, feet raised perpendicular to the floor. Note that the legs are always straight.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles and raise the upper half of the torso as high as possible to combine the exhalation
- Slowly lower yourself and inhale
20. Bicycle Climber
Bicycle Crunches, also known as cycling crunches, is considered a home gym exercise for men to build effective 6-pack abs. If you practice regularly and properly, you will be able to dissolve the abdominal fat outside the muscle layers.
- Start in a supine position, with hands behind the head. Try to lift your upper half like a crunch position
- Slowly bring the left leg knee up perpendicular to the ground. The other leg is raised and parallel to the floor.
- Do your leg as a bike ride as quickly as possible. When you bend your left leg, you turn to the left, while when you bend your right leg, twist your body to the right.
With the above 20 exercises, if you take them seriously, you can absolutely have a beautiful body.
If possible, refer to more information about the nutrition below to get the best results from your home exercise.