From the past five years, the buzz for eCommerce stores has increased rapidly. Nothing works better than a WordPress eCommerce site when it comes to tuning and customizing your online store. WordPress gets you running in no time.
There are millions of enterprises trusting WordPress for their business. One day you are posting a blog, and the next day, you are launching your product gallery with books and whatnot. Selling your products is truly one of the most effective ways to make money online, and all this could be done with plugins.
One excellent news about WordPress eCommerce plugins is that they offer you similar benefits and features as SaaS products. Moreover, you get a thriving development community along with fantastic support resources. WordPress is undoubtedly the most straightforward yet most mindful content management platform in the web industry.
So, In case you are looking forward to enhancing your eCommerce store for the season, this article will familiarize you with some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins.
But before we move to the plugin section, let’s take a quick glance at what these plugins do to your website.
What are plugins?
Plugins are software elements that add specific features to the system. When your system is compatible with plugins, it enables customization. WordPress plugins are written in PHP programming language and can effortlessly integrate with your WordPress site.
Here are some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins that you can consider for your online store:
Many online stores keep testing and comparing the eCommerce plugins until they find a perfect match. So here are some of the niche-specific and general WordPress plug-ins to make your site beautiful and full of exciting features.
WooCommerce is also popularly known as the King of WordPress eCommerce plugins. The name itself emphasizes on how the plugin can transform your WordPress blog into a fully functional eCommerce store. WooCommerce was initially released as a fork of Jigoshop in 2011.
After that, WooTheme(Creators of WooCommerce) was handed over to Automattic in 2015, and since then, this plugin has always been in the headlines. Today, it powers approximately 8% of the eCommerce websites globally and 21% of the top most popular sites.
Whenever your objective is to build and expand your online store rapidly, you can trust WooCommerce to offer you the most convenient solutions. Moreover, if you are adding five products to your collection or a thousand varieties of products, the price is never going to be an issue since the plugin is free and accessible to all.
Benefits of WooCommerce-
- WooCommerce gives you an economical approach to start your online store. It is free, and the themes available are cost-effective too.
- The plugin is affiliated with a vast community of developers and organizations, and therefore, you will always find help online.
- Since many large-scale enterprises use it, you will be able to access extensions to integrate. WordPress extensions can add more advanced features to your site without any custom coding.
- You can receive payments from any significant gateways; WooCommerce supports almost all of them.
- WooCommerce is suitable for both advanced and beginner owners as the interface is simple enough. With the APIs and documentation, you can make any customized changes to your site.
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD):
Easy Digital downloads is an intuitive and efficient plugin to manage and sell digital products on WordPress. EDD has features that are built explicitly for digital sales, and the interface you receive is cleaner than other plugins. So, if your store only sells digital items such as documents, pdf files, eBooks, audio copies, and nothing physical, you should consider trying EDD for your eCommerce store.
Another good reason is that it is completely hassle-free. Once you install it on your website, you immediately have a digital purchase platform where you can add discount codes, track activities, and control file access.
Benefits of EDD-
- EDD is an ideal WordPress eCommerce plugin for digital download purchase stores. It serves you with some of the unique features that are limited to other sites.
- The extension library consists of dozens of add-ons. With these, your store can advance with software licensing and frontend submission.
- The primary plugin is free of cost, and therefore an average small business can definitely afford it.
- Just like any other plugin, EDD provides you with customer management, data reporting, a full shopping cart, and discount codes.
- You may also have other valuable tools like mailing lists, data tracking, affiliate systems, etc.
Cart66 Cloud has a built-in plugin for an intelligent platform. We are calling it brilliant because it follows a different approach to decrease the number of add-ons to run your site smoothly. Many times, sites fail to load or complete requests due to extensions and add-ons. Cart66 Cloud makes sure to keep maximum features built-in. The reviews received by this plugin are primarily positive, and developers are still trying to give more updates to it.
Cloud66 has become even simpler to configure with a solid niche and is ideal for beginners who are not a fan of add-ons and unnecessary features.
Benefits of Cart66 Cloud-
- You get to choose between free and premium features; however, both options are cost-effective.
- All the elements are pre-installed; hence, you do not need to search around and configure extra components.
- The email marketing of Cart66 is very competitive and can help with list segmentation, timely follow-up emails, and drip campaigns, all from your WordPress dashboard.
Ecwid eCommerce Shopping Cart:
Ecwid has achieved some excellent ratings from the industry. This plugin can be used on any website of your choice, be it Tumblr, Facebook, WordPress, or Drupal. Its interface is very similar to WooCommerce; however, with Ecwid, you get reserved for one content management platform.
The free version of Ecwid eCommerce is powerful in terms of general online stores. You also get access to a mobile responsive shopping cart and support for multiple products.
Benefits of Ecwid eCommerce:
- It has a free plan for up to ten products and gives a seamless installation process, feature set, and interface for a reasonable price.
- Both call and chat support is provided with separate plans that you can customize.
- The plugin is PCI-DCC certified; hence you would not face any challenges with payments.
- If you install Ecwid on one site and wish to transfer all its data to another site, you can easily sync and run your store on multiple fronts.
WP EasyCart Shopping Cart
WPEasyCart is one of those plugins you don’t hear much about. However, the plugin silently plays its cards. Recently, this WordPress eCommerce plugin has started making the news, and all for good reasons. With the increasing number of emerging startups, WPEasyCart is specifically created for small business owners. Their eCommerce store will run on WordPress, offering a rapid configuration. Along with these, store owners will get developmental tools that need no specific guide to operate.
The plugin easily syncs with email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and Quickbooks. Moreover, there are options to sell downloads, classic retail items, and subscriptions in addition to eBooks, video content, and invoices.
Features of WPEasyCart Shopping Cart
- The free version comes with complete tools and products like product variants, selling videos, taxes, etc.
- Every extension is precisely developed for small enterprises. You get affiliateWP, Stamps.com, and a Group coupon.
- You can also sell unique products that can be downloaded or purchased online.
- Free customer support service is available. You are provided with active forums and video tutorials.
- Many add-ons that are extremely expensive on other content management platforms are available under a cost-efficient range.
- It has one of the simplest and straightforward interfaces that don’t require any technical guidance to work on.
BigCommerce WordPress Plugin
BigCommerce is famous for running its own eCommerce platform for a decent time. This is why it is now acquired with its hosting and content management system. With an informal version of the developer beta, the plugin is attempting to get into the WordPress space. The ultimate objective of BigCommerce is to captivate companies working on WordPress. It is not a big deal for a platform this big to sell its products.
BigCommerce is trying to bring together the magic of WordPress content and the primary clout of the platform. It is very similar to Ecwid, where you can integrate the BigCommerce module on various sources and sync with each one ideally.
You can maintain all your sales and inventory from the dashboard given. The exciting part is, this plugin is also called “headless commerce” since its resources handle the frontend part, and the backend does catalog management and payments.
Features of BigCommerce-
- This plugin is partnered with some of the major organizations, so you are likely to get any help or service on the internet.
- The eCommerce aspect is run at the backend, while the content part is taken care of at the frontend.
- It efficiently speeds up your site and can save a massive amount for you for hosting.
- You can run the BigCommerce module on different sites without worrying about the sync.
WP Product Review
For eCommerce product reviews, you can consider WP Product Review without any doubts. This plugin helps you to choose multiple ways to display and manage the reviews on your WordPress website.
To set up this plugin, you can select the “product review’ option and then write a blog post. WP product review will show you every required setting you need to customize your review. Not only this, you get to showcase your reviews as features.
Features of WP Product Review-
- You can adjust the border, width, and colors of the frame.
- You can add pros and cons as well as images to the reviews.
- You can import image names and products directly from Amazon.
- You can implement several custom rating icons.
- Automatically creates a comparison table for your convenience.
- You get to choose from various review layouts.
Monster Insights is a well-known WordPress eCommerce plugin that connects you to Google Analytics. This is the best way to learn about your visitors and track what they do in your store.
It comes along with a Google Analytics dashboard that consists of all the analytical reports integrated into the WordPress dashboard. You can also find customized reports that only have actionable stats for your use.
The purpose of MonsterInsights is to help business enterprises become GDP compliant with data tracking. Understanding the purchasing behavior of your customer is the most crucial aspect of online shopping. To lead you there, this plugin can really kickstart your WordPress site.
Features of MonsterInsights-
- It provides you with real-time reports.
- The plugin helps you with engagement tracking.
- You can easily integrate this with WooCommerce.
- You can track SEO success scores.
- It can form conversions.
- All the export is done in .pdf format.
We do not need to introduce this plugin to you. Yoast SEO is by far one of the best eCommerce WordPress plugins that optimize your business site for search engines. You can quickly write descriptions and meta titles within your posts with the help of Yoast.
The appealing part is, even if you decide to change your theme, your titles are still going to remain intact within your post. Beyond this, the plugin offers many additional features.
Features of Yoast SEO-
- The most valuable benefit is keyword optimization.
- It helps you keep the focus on Keyword export
- You can perform page reviews and readability check
- There is a redirect manager for a smoother process.
- You can also check outdated content and work on synonym optimization.
All-in-one WP Migration
The very first thing to take care of is setting a backup for your eCommerce store. We suggest the All-in-one WP Migration plugin for this. The plugin is super easy to deploy and has a reliable and straightforward interface.
Moreover, you can transfer, backup, copy and restore your store data any time you want. Apart from this, anything on your WordPress site, including media, plugins, themes, and databases, can be exported within a few clicks via WP Migration.
Features of All-in-one WP Migration-
- You do need PHP extensions to perform operations.
- It is compatible with significant operating systems like Windows, Mac, and other Linux distributions.
- The plugin supports all the PHP MySQL drivers.
- You can also make it work on the WordPress mobile version.
- All hosting providers can back up this plugin.
While users typically prefer Yoast SEO, EasyCart, WooCommerce, and Easy Digital Downloads, you can choose any of them as per your store requirements. The above mentioned are some of the famous and best WordPress eCommerce plugins to launch, manage and develop your eCommerce store. And in case you need to get more technical insights on them, you can hire the best WordPress developers to get you set right on track. Now, go ahead and smartify your store with beautiful and advanced features.